Mixed martial arts is challenging, and MMA fitness is requisite to go the full stretch. If you are serious and passionate about mixed martial arts, then start right-look for the right MMA fitness and training gym in your area. This means you will have to do some serious research and canvassing of your options.
Here are some tips on getting started in the right way:
1. Go online. Google MMA fitness and training schools in your area. For example, if you live in Minneapolis, type "List of mixed martial arts gyms in Minneapolis" or "List of MMA training in Minneapolis". Several options should appear. Check out MMA events. There should be a list of gyms represented that you can add to your search. You can also find the best MMA gym in Minneapolis via https://warriorscove.com/mma-gyms-mixed-martial-arts-classes/
2. Check the website for each option. There should be informed about their instructor's background. See if his training is up to par.
3. Look for reviews or articles on the schools. There may even be blog entries about the school, which would be good. Also, do research on the coaches.
4. Visit the gyms on your list. Talk to the head trainer and ask him about a typical weekly schedule. There should be a class for striking, another for wrestling, and a separate class for grappling. Also, make sure there is a free day for conditioning.
5. Ask about free training. If this gym is really confident about what it has to offer, it will give free observation of classes, and a couple of free training days. You should definitely take them on if that is so that you can get a feel of the gym. If a gym is not willing to let you try out its goods first, forget about it.