Dental implants provide a safe and permanent solution for missing teeth. A dental implant is a good help to increase the functionality, comfort, and appearance of your natural teeth.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is implanted to hold the denture or bridge. The implants are usually comprised of a titanium screw with either rough or smooth surfaces (titanium is strong but at the same time light and resistant to corrosion). You can know about all on four implants through https://txoss.com/all-on-4/.
After the artificial tooth root is embedded, ceramic crowns can be fixed on it. Then, the treatment and the crown becomes a permanent part of your teeth by incorporating into the jawbone.
Dental implants have several advantages such as:
- It replaces teeth without being dependent on neighboring teeth for support.
- The aesthetic effect of dental implants is far superior to conventional methods such as dental bridges and dentures.
- Suitable for every adult regardless of the number of missing teeth.
- It avoids bone shrinkage that occurs after tooth loss.
- Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth.
- The success rate of dental implants is high.
- It adds to your confidence by allowing you to speak and eat with no worries about your teeth.
Image Source: Google
Two common types of implants are:
- Endosteal implants: This involves a screw or the bones were placed into the jaw bone surgery. Usually this type of implant used for patients with removable dentures or bridges.
- Subperiosteal implants: These implants suit people with minimal bone height and people who cannot wear conventional dentures. Implants are placed on top of the jaw.
The cost of dental implants varies depending on various factors:
- The type of implant
- The number of teeth will be implanted
- Type fitted crown implants
- The type of anesthesia used prior to implant
A dentist who provides dental implants should be required to have adequate training and be aware of the legal requirements for practicing dental implants. The legal requirement for training in dental implants differs among countries.